Read data memory node-omron-read

is there more documentation on how to put address on node-omron-read like CIO Memory,...
How should I set an internal boolean variable (I/O Channel) address on FINS read node?

Hi i have just poublised a new node node-red-contrib-omron-fins

It is not on NPM for now but you can install manually from a command line.

If you would like to test it, then you can install as follows...

CD to your actual .node-red directory then

npm install Steve-Mcl/node-red-contrib-omron-fins

The built in help in the info panel on the side-bar should be enough for you to get by.

1 Like

Thanks alot. I will test it as soon as possible.

I say its new - its newly published (been using privately for around 1 year) so its fairly stable.

Probably could do with some user interface improvements but should work as is.

Can someone share an example how to use this node?
When I read from the PLC it gives an error "Write not possible, cannot change"

Share your flow and a screenshot please. The node definitely works (I wrote it and use it in a production environment).

Please also state the following...

• mode of plc (run / monitor)
  • plc model
  • PLC settings including fins node number, fins network number, fins port, the dial settings on the from of plc Ethernet card

Edit. To be 100% sure - you are using this node-red-contrib-omron-fins right?

My PLC is an CJ1M-CPU12
Ip address is 192.168.2.16 - local network = 1
port 9600, node number 16

[{"id":"c5644fc4.0a8e2","type":"FINS Read","z":"82d25bf8.e54bc8","name":"","connection":"d3ed8148.030af","address":"D100","addressType":"str","count":"1","countType":"num","sign":"unsigned","x":400,"y":700,"wires":[["4822c1e.ce21b4"]]},{"id":"1bbe4434.4454bc","type":"inject","z":"82d25bf8.e54bc8","name":"","topic":"msg.connect","payload":"true","payloadType":"bool","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":180,"y":700,"wires":[["c5644fc4.0a8e2"]]},{"id":"d3ed8148.030af","type":"FINS Connection","z":"","name":"Test","host":"192.168.2.16","port":"9600","MODE":"CSCJ","ICF":"128","DNA":"16","DA1":"0","DA2":"0","SNA":"1","SA1":"255","SA2":"0"}]

question: Have you setup the routing table (i.e. network 1 is definitely the ETN/EIP card?)

question: what are the 2 node number dials set to on ETN/EIP card?

Try...

DNA: 1
DA1: 0
DA2: 0
SNA: 1
SA1: last_octet_of_PC_IP
SA2: 0

and try...

DNA: 0
DA1: decimal-value-of-node-dials-on-ETN/EIP
DA2: 0
SNA: 0
SA2: 0

@jaccoit would be nice if you could feedback if this worked (or not) and described what you did for future users.

Will do....

Still not working, I tried both

This is correct?

Yes.

What is the subnet mask on PLC and PC?

Can you screenshot CX Programmer -> IO Table -> ETN properties (IP TAB and FINS UDP tab)

Ok this was stupid.....

I didn't give the right octed of my PC address.

I is working now, thanks a lot.

1 Like

Would you be kind enough to post a screen shot of your settings and your PLC setup to assist future readers?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.