GIT project clone "Authentication failed"

Hi friends,

I've been trying to figure this out for days.

Problem:

• I have a node-red v3.1.0 and gitea v1.21.0 running in a Kubernetes cluster.
  • I'm adding public/private keys to node-red via a secret and gitea user has the same public key verified.
  • Key doesn't have a passphrase.
  • Attempting to clone the repo project from node-red fails with "Authentication failed".

Validation:

1. I have logged into the node-red pod and able to SSH into the Gitea SSH using the key from the /data/projects/.sshkeys folder:

node-red-5767bcd6d4-mn6qs:/data/1$ ssh -i /data/projects/.sshkeys/__default_gitea git@[redacted]
    PTY allocation request failed on channel 0
    Hi there, node-red! You've successfully authenticated with the key named [redacted], but Gitea does not provide shell access.
    If this is unexpected, please log in with password and setup Gitea under another user.
    Connection to [redacted] closed.

2. I have logged into the node-red pod and can clone the target repo using the key from the /data/projects/.sshkeys folder:

$ GIT_SSH_COMMAND="ssh -i /data/projects/.sshkeys/__default_gitea" git clone git@[redacted]:smart-home/node-red.git
    Cloning into 'node-red'...
    remote: Enumerating objects: 578, done.
    remote: Counting objects: 100% (578/578), done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (245/245), done.
    remote: Total 578 (delta 371), reused 509 (delta 330), pack-reused 0
    Receiving objects: 100% (578/578), 110.47 KiB | 9.21 MiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (371/371), done.

3. Using the same key from the UI doesn't work, there are no logs produced by node-red in this case.

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong here?

Have you tried that id? It isn't the one in the image you shared.

Thank you for response! When I created an SSH key manually from node-red with the gitea name, the file that it generated was /data/projects/.sshkeys/__default_gitea. So I think that's the node-red naming convention and in the UI it is displayed without the __default_ prefix. To summarize, the key in the screenshot is the __default_gitea file.

I've found a workaround of sorts. From the pod shell:

cd /data/projects
GIT_SSH_COMMAND="ssh -i /data/projects/.sshkeys/__default_gitea" git clone git@.../node-red.git
chown -R /data/projects/node-red node-red

After that, it's possible to then open exiting project via node-red UI and it appears that pull/push just works.

The conclusion here IMO is that the git clone in the initial project setup isn't working in my case for some reason.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.