GS-T3E display with OpenHASP

next post from my homepage in german under GS-T3E Display mit OpenHASP – Smarthome von Stefan B.

After various forum posts regarding new touch displays with 480×480 pixels and switch function that also work with OpenHASP, I dared to buy two displays on Aliexpress. Another attempt to get “sample copies” directly from the manufacturer (?) Golden Security via Alibaba was so difficult that I canceled the order there.

The following link pointed to the shop “Shop1102472165 Store”

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005005925897501.html

where the item was described as follows: “1 PCS Tuya Smart Home Multiple Zigbee Smart Home Control Panel 4 Inch Switch Panel In-Wall Touchscreen Control For Home-Euplug”

For Germany, of course, the “Plug Type: EU Plug” is relevant (Alibaba almost sent me the CN plug, which would only have been suitable for the Chinese market) and I was sent the PCB revision v2.3. Only this works with OpenHASP. (see the OpenHASP page for this display). I don't know if that was just luck or if this revision is always sent out now.

My displays have a built-in power supply and three relays to control three switches or other electrical devices, so the display can be used as a replacement for a single switch or even an entire bank of switches. (see also my article on the Lanbon L8). Other users have reported purchasing copies without a PSU and relay, which then have to be connected to an additional power supply and can only be used as a display and not as a switch.

Zigbee support only works with the original firmware, although the display can be connected to Zigbee2MQTT, but is reported there as “not supported”. I can't imagine that the support via Zigbee comes close to the capabilities of OpenHASP. That's why I don't pursue this approach any further and now flash the second display with OpenHASP.

The new OpenHASP 0.7.0-rc4 version is used because this is the only way the display is supported. To do this, I open the display (of course without connecting to 220V) using a small flat screwdriver on the four tabs on the back. After removing another plastic disk, I was able to disconnect the connector to the power supply and bend more tabs to the side to get the circuit board slightly out of the plastic holder so that I could connect a micro USB cable to the micro USB socket. Caution! The board is still connected to the touch display via the ribbon cable!

Now I start the online flashing process in Google Chrome (Firefox is not supported here), as described in Flash ESP32 - openHASP. For new devices like the GS-T3E you use the openHASP Web installer Nightly. First connect IO0 to GND on the board and press the KEY button to reset the board. see also the “Flashing” section in Golden Security - openHASP

When flashing the display for the first time with standard firmware, be sure to tick the “Erase device” box!

Then, to test it, I had my electrician connect the display to L and N with 220 V voltage and the display started. It now shows the WLAN that you are connecting to (preferably with your smartphone) and then starts a browser on your smartphone and goes to 192.168.4.1. There you enter your own WLAN with a password. The display restarts and connects to the internal WiFi and displays the received IP address. You can then make appropriate values for MQTT and other settings in the web interface.

3 Likes