Help with Formatting and converting time string

Hey Guys

I have a Time that is being posted by my pool system which i am dragging down from the internet

I end up with a string

2021-02-05T17:59:11.0000000Z from the HTTP request

I want to do some maths on this to see if it has been more than 4 hours since the last update

I have successfully fed this into the moment node and can convert it to local time, but i think i also want to get an output in ms since epoch so i can do the maths on it

Any pointers on setting up the moment node for this ??

Craig

What message are you getting?

Is it a timestamp?

Because if it is, all you would need to do is look at the old value and the new value.
If there is more than (4 hours = 240 minutes = 14400 seconds =) 14400000 milliseconds difference.

Just a thought.

It is not a timestamp - it is exactly as i have put above - this is returned to me through an MQTT string from a process that does a Rest API query against a web based datasource.

I have no control of any of that unitl it is received by my MQTT broker.

As you can see in the shot above this is a string of exactly the format as listed.

So what i have done upto now (for display purposes) is to feed that through the moment node and place it into a text object on the dashboard.

What i am wanting to do now is to essentially reverse that and take that string, turn it back into a timestamp in ms and then perform maths on that to enable me to send an alert out.

So in essence the question is - how can i take that string and output a timestamp ?

Craig

In a function node (sorry not the Moment node), date.parse to convert from your string format to date format. Then you can use get.ms or whatever you want to do (eg https://javascript.info/date)

This should give you the timestamp in ms.

let ms = new Date(msg.payload).getTime()

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.