Help with node-red-node-twitter

I was looking to start experimenting with the Twitter API and node-red-node-twitter.

But I get this error in the debug pane:

"You currently have Essential access which includes access to Twitter API v2 endpoints only. If you need access to this endpoint, you’ll need to apply for Elevated access via the Developer Portal. You can learn more here: Getting Started with the Twitter API | Docs | Twitter Developer Platform"

And I noticed at GitHub - node-red/node-red-nodes: Extra nodes for Node-RED that it says "(NOTE: this will break soon when Twitter remove their streaming API)"

Do these nodes no longer work for new Twitter API users?

Can't comment on the nodes I'm afraid as I've never used them. But I would say that you've probably chosen a bad time to start experimenting with Twitter given that Musk seems to be randomly changing and turning things off on the platform and firing the only people who know how to look after it.

3 Likes

All of that is true, but I have an interest in misinformation so now is exactly the right time for me to start experimenting with Twitter! :joy:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.