My Twitter out node doesn't work

Hi everyone,
I'm testing a simple and essential flow in which I inject a message into a twitter output node, in order to write a tweet with my Twitter account.
If I try to do it, I receive "TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined".
Why?

Add a debug node showing what you are sending to the twitter node.
Are you using node-red-node-twitter or have you installed one of the contrib nodes?
Show us how you have configured the twitter node (screen shot preferably).

Sure, I added a debug node, that prints correctly the message that I'm going to send.

This is the configuration of my twitter node (you can't see the tokens, but I can assure I just copy-pasted what I've found in my developer.twitter page.

These are the settings of my app in developer.twitter.com

I'm using node-red-node-twitter

Did you initially create your account with read only permissions and then change it to read/write? If so you need to regenerate your authentication tokens.

This is exactly what I did. I'm not at home now,but as soon as I come back I try to regenerate tokens and write you back

Perfect. It works, Thank you very much

Glad to be of help. In fact I know nothing about that node, but whenever you have a problem with a node it is worth looking to see if there have been any relevant issues raised on the node's github page (which should be linked from its page on the node red flows site). I did that and found this issue which seemed as if it might match yours.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.