Hide tab, hyperlink to it instead

In node-red-dashboard, I would like to create a new tab but not have it show in the top left navigation but instead hyperlink to it. Is that possible?

Essentially I want the same layout and when someone clicks on a hyperlink it will open my page of data and still show the navigation. Another option is to create a hyperlink that pops up a new page of my data but I would rather not open a new window if I do not have to.

0 Likes

I assume you are referring to node-red-dashboard rather then the editor? If so, please edit your post to move it to the #dashboard category. Thanks.

0 Likes

Thanks for the correction. I have updated my post.

0 Likes

In the dashboard panel you can turn off the title bar which will then eliminate the navigation completely. You then have to use hyperlinks or the ui_control node to swap tabs.

There is currently no selective hide capability.

0 Likes

Thank you. We will find an way to do this, probably just build it with HTML and open a second page.

0 Likes

If it's only a small amount of info then the notification popup (with OK/Cancel) can take html.

0 Likes

True, thank you. I found out through another post that you assisted with that this would be doable with a "< br > "in my data to get it to display new lines. Thanks for the suggestions.

0 Likes