How many clients can connect to the websocket server?

Hello dear node-red masters,

I'm just asking for confirmation. I am testing how many clients can connect to the websocket server. According to my observations, each websocket server accepts a maximum of 232 clients. Is it true?

I am not aware of any hard limits being set.

In case someone with more knowledge comes along, they may wish to know how node-red is running and some other system info e.g:

• Node-RED running on OS / docker / container / VM?
  • Node-RED version?
  • NodeJS version?
  • OS + OS Version that Node-RED is running on (e.g. windows desktop 11, windows server 2019 / Ubuntu 22.04 / Alpine image Vxxx)
1 Like

What you say is true. I tried this on another node red device (on Docker) and over 1000 clients were able to connect.

A maximum of 232 nodes can be connected to Node-Red installed on Windows 11.

Note:
Node-Red version in Windows 11 = 3.1.0
Node-Red on Docker version = 3.1.1

I did suspect (desktop) windows might be involved. From memory, Windows (desktop) has a limit on concurrent TCP connections.

If you have access to Windows Server, I'd be interested to learn what number you get to.

Thank you for your interest. The node-red we use runs on docker. Actually there is no problem for now.

It certainly always used to have. Though I vaguely remember that you can change it manually. That was back in W10 days though, not sure if it is still true.

W10/W11 are desktop OS's and not designed to have large numbers of inbound connections.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.