How to delete certain part of Message of sensor data?

Hi, I'm now working on a project to send data to my AWS DB.
I have Wireless Sensor node which is connected to function, debug and mqtt out node.
The sensor data is comming to debug page like this,
{
"addr": {
"S": "00:13:a2:00:41:f0:48:63"
},
"received": {
"S": "1649102906154"
},
"payload": {
"M": {
"rms_x": {
"N": "749.56"
},
"rms_z": {
"N": "119.63"
},
"rms_y": {
"N": "1391.97"
},
"max_x": {
"N": "0"
},
"max_z": {
"N": "244.83"
},
"max_y": {
},
"reserve": {
"N": "1"
},
"data_type": {
"S": "Acceleration"
},
"temperature": {
"N": "25"
},
"min_x": {
"N": "-821.09"
},
"min_z": {
},
"min_y": {
"N": "-1537.81"
},
"status": {
"S": "Valid"
}
}
}
}
But if I could delete certain points(I marked on the picture), then the data will be stored very nicely to the DB system. But I'm not sure that I could delete that part by using the function of Node-Red. Please let me know if you have any idea of it. I don't really know about the programming since I'm just an engineering student. Please help me, Thank you !

• I want to delete those marked parts.

Welcome to the forum Sammy. You may wish to do one of the excellent short courses or watch some videos on the use of Node-RED in order to familiarise yourself with its basic use.

You can use a change node to remove some aspects of a message before passing it onwards.

Hi.

As Julian says, you should watch some of the short videos - your question is a very basic one.

I will post some links below after the demo GIF I did...
chrome_cakR3lacv4

canned text...

get path to to data item

There’s a great page in the docs (Working with messages : Node-RED) that will explain how to use the debug panel to find the right path to any data item.

Pay particular attention to the part about the buttons that appear under your mouse pointer when you over hover a debug message property in the sidebar.

BX00Cy7yHi

recommended watching

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

Thank you so much for letting me know how I will study for that development. Imma watch that video right now thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.