How to dynamically change Dasboard-2.0 chart properties (ymin and ymax)?

I hope this is not a duplicate, I found similar threads for the old dashboard, but not for the 2.0 one.

I am trying to change the ymin and ymax values of a chart dynamically, meaning that the user should be able to set those values later on during runtime. I understand from the official documentation from the official documentation that it is easy to change values marked by the dashboard-2.0-devs as "dynamic" using the msg.ui_update property

However, the ymin and ymax values are not dynamic, so that doesn't work.

How can i accomplish this?

Hi @snottyIsWorking - thanks for your question, and welcome to the community.

We're in the process of working through the widgets as we speak to implement the ui_update across all widgets, you can see our progress in this parent issue here:

The specific issue to track for the UI Chart is: Dynamic Properties: UI Chart · Issue #1179 · FlowFuse/node-red-dashboard · GitHub

It should hopefully be live in the next week or two.

3 Likes

Thank you @joepavitt , are you planning to making it possible with the aforementioned msg.ui_update property? If so, once that is done I will post a solution to my problem here for the sake of completeness.

I most certainly am - yes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.