How to install node-red-contrib-mssql-plus

I am running node-red v3.1.0 with npm 10.2.3 and node v20.10.0.
I used 'Manage palette' to install node-red-contrib-mssql-plus but the installation failed with error:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ npm install --no-audit --no-update-notifier --no-fund --save --save-prefix=~ --production --no-engine-strict node-red-contrib-mssql-plus@0.12.1
npm WARN config production Use --omit=dev instead.
npm WARN EBADENGINE Unsupported engine {
npm WARN EBADENGINE package: '@azure/msal-node@1.18.4',
npm WARN EBADENGINE required: { node: '10 || 12 || 14 || 16 || 18' },
npm WARN EBADENGINE current: { node: 'v20.9.0', npm: '10.1.0' }
npm WARN EBADENGINE }
npm WARN deprecated @azure/msal-node@1.18.4: A newer major version of this library is available. Please upgrade to the latest available version.
npm WARN deprecated @azure/msal-browser@2.38.3: A newer major version of this library is available. Please upgrade to the latest available version.

I did an npm install @azure/msal-node which installed the latest version that supports v20.
I reran the installation for mssql-plus but still getting the same error.

Any ideas to revolve this issue? Thank you.

This is a known issue and recently discussed on this forum. In short, a sub dependency of the main mssql dependency has only JUST (last few days) been updated. It will take a while for it to make it through.

The only solution until that happens is to downgrade to node 18LTS

1 Like

In the meantime you can use the non-plus one. That is what I did. Still works just fine.

um, not really a great idea imho.

That old pkg has numerous bugs (search the forum) and issues (especially if querying multiple DBs) and lack of features like the lack of multiple queries responses and no bulk support to name but a few. Oh, and it has not been updated in over 7 years (search tedious and node-mssql CVEs) and its source code has been deleted from github!

Whereas Node18 is still LTS and supported until April 2025 :person_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.