Node-red-contrib-mssql-plus fails to install because of version mismatch?

Hi,

I really need node-red-contrib-mssql-plus because it is a very basic node in most of my flows.
But after upgrading Node-Red and all of its basic infrastructure nike NPM and Node.js I cannot re-install this node, all I get is this error message that drives me crazy :cold_sweat: :weary: :triumph:

2023-11-20T19:08:08.722Z [err] Not compatible with your version of node/npm: @azure/msal-node@1.18.4
2023-11-20T19:08:08.722Z [err] npm ERR! notsup Not compatible with your version of node/npm: @azure/msal-node@1.18.4
2023-11-20T19:08:08.722Z [err] npm ERR! notsup Required: {"node":"10 || 12 || 14 || 16 || 18"}
2023-11-20T19:08:08.722Z [err] npm ERR! notsup Actual: {"npm":"10.1.0","node":"v20.9.0"}

What can I do ?
BR
Gawan

You upgraded to node.js v20, and according to the error message you have to have one of v10 - v18. Try v18

Is it possible to downgrade this under windows ?

I thought it is important to always have the most actual software for security and performance reasons !?!?

Ensuring you have the latest/stable Node version is indeed important to security, but that doesn’t stop node modules from enforcing versions.

You will need to address (which I believe, is too strict version control) with the node author of @azure/msal-node

You can install node version 18 using the windows node 18 installer.

You will need to run npm rebuild under your .node-red directory after downgrading.

I wouldn’t consider a system using node 18 to be in danger, some users prefer to be a major or 2 behind the latest

what does "downgrading" mean ?
download version 18, install it and overwrite the existing one under windows ?

Yes - install node version 18 to replace node version 20

This has already been reported as an issue against the node. Does not install with nodejs 20 (@azure/msal-node issue) · Issue #77 · bestlong/node-red-contrib-mssql-plus · GitHub

If you can hang fire a wee while, tedious has just merged node 20 support

That will filter through to the node-mssql package soon (we hope)

Once it does, then mssql-plus will work under node20

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.