How to integrate SHT1x sensor in Node Red

Hello,

There is no solution for SHT1x sensor to integrate with Node Red. Can anyone help me in this regard?

I'd use a Wemos D1 mini pro ESP8266 or similar with the ESPEasy firmware and MQTT to get the data into node-red.

https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/index.php/SHT1X

Thanks for reply. Actually i am using Raspberry Pi with SHT15 sensor. I just want to make web interface.

There does appear to be a node.js module for this [1] which I believe can be quite easily built into a node-red node. One way to do this is to use node-red-contrib-npm and there is an example of its use in this thread [2]. The SHT15 node is rather old though, so whether it works I don't know.

[1] https://github.com/keito/pi-sht1x
[2] https://discourse.nodered.org/t/using-other-node-js-modules

How are you getting the sensor data on the RPi? and do you store the data anywhere?
Try to describe what you already have done and what you want to display.

Okay let me explain about my project.

I have installed 13 sensors (SHT15 Sensor) connected with raspberry Pi in different places which takes the data of temperature and humidity and shows in individual LCD monitor. This part is done . Now i want to develop an web graphical interface through which i will get that temperature and humidity value in web browser through an IP address which belongs to that Raspberry Pi. Note that I have tried though Flask and Python to develop this web interface. But i have failed to fetch those sensor data.That's why i am trying with nodered but the problem is for this Sht1x sensor there is no library in nodered.

Just to be sure, did you connect all sensors to one RPi?
Edit:
Or are you using 13 Rpi? Which type?

I am using 13 rpi in 13 individual places.

One approach could be to send the data from every RPi to a MQTT broker and use one RPi with node-red (MQTT) for the web interface (dashboard).

Have a look here:

or just search for sht1x+mqtt

Thank you, will try for sure.

I am facing one problem to work with mqtt that where will i find the mqtt user,pass and client id?

If you are providing your own MQTT broker on the pi, using mosquitto for example, then if you have not configured the broker to require a user/pwd then you don't need to provide it. The client id can be anything you like, but if you have multiple devices connected to the broker then they must all be different. If you are using the node-red mqtt nodes then they will provide a default unique client id so you can just leave it blank.

I suppose you are using mosquitto so the user and password you need is the same as you defined by mosquitto.

Generally it would be useful if you cuold specify your Hardware/Software e.g.

1. Pi 3 Model B or Pi Zero W
  2. the first lines of node-red log
$ node-red-start
Welcome to Node-RED
===================
21 Jul 09:24:52 - [info] Node-RED version: v0.18.7
21 Jul 09:24:52 - [info] Node.js  version: v8.11.3
21 Jul 09:24:52 - [info] Linux 4.14.52-v7+ arm LE
21 Jul 09:24:55 - [info] Loading palette nodes
21 Jul 09:25:09 - [info] Dashboard version 2.9.4 started at /ui
21 Jul 09:25:11 - [info] Settings file  : /home/pi/.node-red/settings.js
21 Jul 09:25:11 - [info] User directory : /home/pi/.node-red

#Cflurin , Thank you for all your replies. Actually i have been managed to solve the problem by python and flask. Last 09 days i have been doing this project for making a web interface with RPI and SHT1x sensor. For DHT and other temp & hum sensor the solution is available in the web but for SHT1x sensor the resource is limited except python library. Anyhow i have been managed to solve the problem where i had been stucked and then diverted to nodered for easy solution.

And definitely i will make a tutorial how SHT1x sensor can be implemented in web easily with python and flask.

Thank you AGAIN !