HOW TO: Make the dashboard run at all time in Chrome and Edge beta

1 Like

Cool tip. Though most of us use something like Telegram to let us know if something is happening so that we don't have to be tied to the computer :wink:

1 Like

Thanks I didn't know about these settings. I'll give them a try on the old Nook Tablet that I've tried to use (unsuccessfully) for my dashboard display.

So far displaying my dashboard in Chromium running on a Pi3B with the "official" touchscreen display in "kiosk" mode has worked great for 3+ days now.

None of my Android trials has lasted an entire day, but I will try these new tips soon, as the Nook is about to be trashed if I can't figure out how to make its very nice display do something that is actually useful. I may also try kiosk mode on it assuming I have versions of Chrome or Chromium that will support it.

Here is the script that I run at startup to show the dashboard:

DISPLAY=:0 /usr/bin/chromium-browser --app http://localhost:1880/ui \
--kiosk \
--window-size=800,450 \
--window-position=0,0 \
--disable-infobars \
--incognito \
--disable-session-crashed-bubble \
--disable-features=RendererCodeIntegrity \
--process-per-site \
--bwsi \
--disable-cache \
--noerrdialogs \
--no-first-run \
--fast --fast-start \
--check-for-update-interval=31536000 \
--disable-gl-error-limit \
--aggressive-cache-discard \
--simulate-critical-update \
--user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 11895.95.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/74.0.3729.125 Safari/537.36" \
--autoplay-policy=no-user-gesture-required &

I have some situations where my dashboard tries to display a lot of images. I'm finding the Pi3B WiFi to be flaky under heavy load and sometimes get "connection lost" but so far kiosk mode has always automatically recovered after a few seconds.

WiFi is very convenient for my use case, hopefully I won't have to switch to wired, but if I do I've found a POE splitter with 5V outptut that should run my Pi.

My dashboard runs on the Pi3 since it gets all the info that it displays from other hosts on my IOT subnet via MQTT.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.