How to properly start a node-red docker with contrib nodes?

Hi,
here's what I want to achieve, I would appreciate your advice on how to do it the right way:

when starting a node-red container (from official minimal image), I am mapping a local folder to /data; I am saving (as a backup) settings.js, flows.json, flows_cred.json and package.json
Last week I had to recover my node-red instance, I used my last back up of these four files, and all was good. BUT, I had to manually install all the node-red-contrib-ŵhatever modules I had on package.json, to get all my flows working again (after restarting node-red).

My question is: is there a way to automate somehow this process?, (i.e. auto-install on startup the node-red-contrib modules, so that there's no need to re-start node-red runtime). I tried using node-red-admin, but I am not able to find the right command, as it seems it's pointing at the package.json file on usr/src/node-red (not the one on /userDir). I thought of using some sort of init container to achieve this, but maybe I am missing something that runs OOTB.

Thanks for your comments / advices.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.