How to restart Node-red on ubuntu

Hi All,

I'm following this guide to creating my first custom node. In the guide it states that ' Any changes to the node’s file can be picked up by simply restarting Node-RED' but does not provide any instruction on how to restart node red.

How can i restart node red when running on ubuntu?

Try opening a terminal window and entering node-red-restart and see if that works

Unfortunately that is not recognised. Only way I have been able to restart my has been to restart the PC.

Does
node-red-stop
Then
node-red-start
Work?

How did you install - did you used the official script?

hw do you start node-red? if youstart it in a terminal window, you should be able to get to that window and do a CTRL-C which should stop NR then enter node-red to start it again

https://nodered.org/docs/getting-started/windows#running-on-windows

no - node-red restart will start node-red with a flow called restart :-)... the command is node-red-restart.

Is Node-RED run via systemtd? In other words, it starts automatically on boot-up?

If so, you can restart it using systemctl restart node-red (note that the node-red part could be different if you created the init script yourself or used my alternate installer).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.