HOW TO - Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 Dongle Plus on Debian running on HP2000

Hello All and sorry for the newbie question, but I'm having a bit of trouble installing my Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 Dongle Plus on my Debian 11 laptop (HP2000). When I plug the dongle in I get nothing (no lights, etc). I've tried finding a way to view/get a list of the hardware on the laptop with no success. See: Where is lshw? - Debian User Forums Simply don't have time to research why I'm unable to run lshw at the moment, but will do so when I have a free minute. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Have you installed zigbee2mqtt? If not then do it. Getting started | Zigbee2MQTT

1 Like

if it's usb then maybe try lsusb

1 Like

So I finally started installing Zigbee2MQTT via the link you provided. I was able to complete step 1 (Find the Zigbee-Adapter)

but at step 2 I realized that I need to install Docker. So for the last couple hours I've been researching docker (no Docker-Compose) and trying to install it.

Lots of errors which I've been trying to resolve along the way with minimal success. Will try to post to the debian forum tomorrow but just thought I'd share an update. Many thanks!

Just to say, you do NOT require Docker for zigbee2MQTT

1 Like

You probably want this section of the instructions Linux | Zigbee2MQTT

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.