How to use node-red API

Hello Team,

I am trying to use vue Js as frontend and node-red as backend , May I know how to access node-red api or any other to establish connection between them.

Thanks,
Krunal Trivedi

0 Likes

Hi,

Which API do you mean? Do you want to create your own vue.js flow editor? Or do you mean you want to host a custom vue.js site in node-red that is able to call flows in the runtime?

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for getting back, I am having my own vue js editor which will call node-red api to run different flows and reflect back to vue. So should i use uibuilder or any other way which i can pass message between them?

Thanks,
Kruanl Trivedi

0 Likes

uibuilder will give you a simple framework to communicate between your front-end and Node-RED flows. But it sounds like you want to edit flows via your front-end which would be a different requirement altogether.

Potentially, you could use uibuilder to drive the front-end and create a flow that updates flows from Node-RED itself. so that would be one approach and probably the easiest to get going.

Otherwise you will need to put admin API calls into your front-end code - you can still use uibuilder to help you get going and to provide the web server.

0 Likes

Please don't ask the same question on the forum and on the slack channel, it just dilutes the efforts of people trying to help you

0 Likes

Good point, though some of us don't get the time to look at both I'm afraid.

0 Likes