Implementing Authorization for users

I have added user login in my node red app. Now I want to create a solution where individual user can have their own separate environment/session where then can create/edit their own flows. So User A can have access to all the flows the he/she created, they won't be able to access the flows created by User B.

I want to display flows for individual users on front end (next.js) using iframe or any thing similar to that, where they can have a separate environment in the specific section of the website.

Can anyone provide a fesiable solution, as having seperate servers for each user is not fesiable because the users are not fixed in the site, we can have multiple new users after 2-3 months.

Tech Stack for the site,

Backend: Nest.js
Database: MongoDB
FrontEnd: Next.js

I have removed all the tags that you added that are not relevant.

Node RED by its self does not support separate user environments.

For your type of setup, I recommend FlowFuse.

Which is built on Node RED, and uses a teams approach to environments.

@Steve-Mcl

If you need to run your own service, there are a couple of ways to do it.

Firstly, you will almost certainly want a reverse proxy such as NGINX to hide the port numbers and use URL paths or sub-domains instead.

Then, you will need to create multiple Node-RED instances, 1 per user. Node-RED allows for this but each instance requires its own IP port. Hence the probably need to hide those using a proxy.

Multiple instances can be run on bare metal utilising multiple startup scripts with separate userDir folders or you could use Docker/Kubernetes.

Also, if you need to accommodate a variable set of users, you will also need to create some automation to deal with that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.