Inject triggers only once?

I have inject node which should trigger every day 23:59, but it triggers only once.

[{"id":"ed7e17df32d773b0","type":"inject","z":"f89c8950.ff2658","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"59 23 * * *","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"Keskiyo","payload":"1","payloadType":"num","x":470,"y":800,"wires":[["696b2bbf4741ee1b","49ad6418653572c7"]]}]

It looks like it is setup correctly, you mat want to check the rest of your flow, to see if the problem is there.

How the following nodes could affect the previous nodes (i.e. inject node)

I'm not aware of any issues with inject node, I use them in the same way as you and have not had any issues. So I'm suggesting that perhaps it is working but the flow is wrong ?

Put a debug node on the output of the inject node, so you can see what is being sent and when.

Just to state the obvious you know you will only get 1 message each day ?

I have the debug node after inject, it shows that it is triggered once

So you have left the debug window open for more than 1 day, without clearing or filtering any messages etc ?

yes, exactly

The debug can clear after a while if other debug messages in other flows cause its buffer to become full.

So it is very easy to imagine it not being there the following morning.

Add system console to the debug node and then check the log after 2 cycles

1 Like

Other debugging - add node-red-contrib-simpletime and tick

and change debug node to

If this were a common problem it would have been seen already.
So its likley something to do with your system.

Can you detail

Platform
OS / version
NODE version
NODE RED version
Anything else that may be unusual...?

Thanks, I put this on

Running on Raspberry PI 4 with 8GB menory

Node-RED version: v2.1.4
Node.js version: v12.22.7
Linux 5.10.63-v7+ arm LE

Sorry - completely forgot about this one - mine seem to repeatably trigger each day according to console and status display for yesterday

So I think its just the debug tab clearing itself overnight if nothing in it in the morning for you

I noticed something interesting, I put other trigger to 11:59, i.e. not 23.59 and now I get daily message at 11:59 AM

4/29/2022, 11:58:59 AMnode: Keskiyömsg.payload : number

So how to change it to 11:59 PM?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.