Input Numeric sent on Button click

Hello Folks,

I am trying to find a way to make a UI interface on node red where I input a numeric value into the text input node then only send such when you click a submit button or slider being on.

I couldn`t find an example on the forum nor elsewhere...

Anyone have any good ideas how to go around this?

Thank you,

Ed

It has been covered many times in the forum. Have a browser through the dashboard category and node-red flows pages

arrange 2 flows like this...

1. UI_TEXT --> CHANGE node (set flow.UserInput to msg.payload)
  2. UI_BUTTON --> CHANGE node (set msg.payload to flow.UserInput)

OR

1. Use ui_form

The versions I have found on the forum look at how to set a value in stored using non UI nodes or their own buttons etc. My question was how to only use the UI nodes available.

Have a look at the ui_form node, which may do what you want.

Hi Colin, yes so I`ve been using the UI form- its very good, although annoyingly if I am inputting a number , say 345 with a name % it changes this into a {"%" :345}.

How would I be able to make a function that turns the msg.payload from {"%" :345} to purely 345?

Read the node-red docs page working with messages and it shows you how to get the path to a property in the debug pane so you can use that in a Change node. Also change the Name field in the form config to use something other than "%" so that the property name is not a special character so that it is easier to access. You can leave the Label at % as that is what appears on the form.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.