Is it just me, or is 'red' on the dashboard a bit orange?

Yeah.... will do that this weekend. Just happen to be away at the moment. But there is definitely a difference between browser, and Microsoft paint app, paint app looks redder, browser a bit of orange for for the same screen print.

If you put Node-RED and Paint side by side and take a screenshot of the full screen (keyboard printmscreen button and the open Paint, create a new image and paste). Do the colors look different then?

For me, with chrome browser (same thing with Edge) on win10. Node Red run on RPI3B, I note strange things with the color red on the icons of the dashboard:

That's how colors in hard contrast behave for human eye. Nothing node-red specific. Pure nature.

Yeah, it is not my eye, was able to qualify not NR... On the same monitor, I know this because the 'red' in the MS paint program is 'redder' and looks 'more correct' as red, then the 'red' in the browsers. If it was my eye... regardless of the application, the single monitor would present a consistent result that was less 'red' and more 'orange' in shade.

Maybe itā€™s the Bezold effect ? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVjWv0JsU0

1 Like

What an interesting suggestion. But no... no animation in the examples where I see the orange artifact specific to the browser color rendering divergence from a truer red.

Itā€™s not about animation. Itā€™s about the colours next to each other, changing your perception of them. The animation is just to show you they are in fact the same. (In that video).

I was referring to the examples I posted. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.