[edited to clarify some points]
This is kind of a question AND an idea for a contrib (if it doesn't exist). There are a tonne of scheduling nodes and I've tried quite a few of them. Here's a good list. Perhaps I've missed this as I haven't tried them all, in which case would love to know.
Here's what I am looking for:
Imagine the Inject node, which has an ADD button at the bottom:
... except each line you add is an event. You could then edit the details of that event. Within the details to edit, you could set name (to easily identify it from the list), and any number of message properties (again using a little ADD button, which creates multiple lines). The latter would be the same as the inject node, which allows you to e.g. set msg.topic, msg.payload, and if you like, msg.blah
Final two things: you could set the event start time, and a recurrence pattern like this:
Optionally it might allow setting a duration or end time, with different selection of message properties, the latter would be fired at the end time
A bonus would be the ability to set dynamic start times, e.g. sunrise, sunrise plus offset in seconds/minutes/hours, and even have these form the recurrence patterns, i.e. every day at sunrise.
I know what I'm asking for is simple, everyone does it, and there are tonnes of contribs that can do this functionality. But I simply haven't been able to find the ability to set multiple "timers" or events per single inject node, without a whole load of additional bells and whistles that confuse me a lot.
Here are some examples of what I have tried, but they don't work for me:
- assumes I want to set an OFF payload
- requires an end time
- recurrence is only weekly and the visual thing is annoying
- inflexible message properties: only allows setting topic and payload, and topic has to be same for ON and OFF
Inject Node set to "interval between times"
- This actually comes really close but...
- Only allows every x minutes, and not seconds / hours / days
- Doesn't allows multiple events per node (although that's not a huge deal, you could just add multiple nodes)
- No option for an OFF message or some more advanced stuff like sunset
Scargill's Big Timer
- I've no doubt this is the ultimate timer, but it doesn't have the simplicity. Maybe I just need to try harder to understand it. But I have stared at it for ages trying to work out how to send a simple message with configurable properties.
- No different message topics for different timers, or for ON vs OFF
- IT says "MQTT payload" but I don't want to use MQTT...
Can anyone help me find something similar to what I need?