Is there a way to force a redeploy of all node-red flows in case no changes have been made?

Currently I have a little issue with one of my nodes that is not automatically reconnecting to a service which I can easily fix by redeploying the node-RED flows.

But in order to redeploy with the node-RED editor I first need to make some small cosmetic change (e.g. moving a node) and only then the deploy button becomes enabled.

I agree this is a little extra effort, but it is also not nice if you are using the node-RED project functionality with github versioning as your cosmetic change becomes also visible as a project change which you also don't want. (So after moving the node - I move it back to its original position to assure that the project didn't change).

So, is there an easy way that I can use to redeploy all my flows in case they are not changed !

2 Likes

or alternatively - fix the node so that it reconnects correctly ?

Just move one one mm on place and will allow u to deploy

The underlying API does support an HTTP request to reload the current flows without deploying anything new. It just isn't exposed in the editor - that's something we could look at doing.

I agree that with version control/projects enabled, the 'nudge a node' technique causes unnecessary changes and churn.

Which node is causing the problem?

Thanks for the response.
For me it would be good if it would be possible using the node-RED UI to force the redeploy of all flows even in case no changes are made.... but I admit that it is better to fix the problem node or replace it with something that is reconnecting properly.

It is node-red-contrib-slack
See issue https://github.com/yayadrian/node-red-slack/issues/15

Hmmm, lookl like the author hasn't been active in GitHub for over a year. Have you thought about seeing if one of the other slack nodes might work for you? I see 10 in the flows library.

Yes, but none of them immediately seemed better to me. Besides the bot functionality, it must also support the functionality to post messages in specific slack channels.

I regularly feel this need also.
However I have found an easy way, which is to enable and disable a debug node, which results in no change to the flow, but node-red thinks it has changed.

2 Likes

I didn't think that triggered a re-deploy

It does for me.

1 Like

So it does!

I didn't think it did but just tried out a simple test and it did

YLSNED :slight_smile:

I knew it changed the colour of the deploy button to red but I hadn't realised that it was really active