Is there a way to force a redeploy of all node-red flows in case no changes have been made?

Currently I have a little issue with one of my nodes that is not automatically reconnecting to a service which I can easily fix by redeploying the node-RED flows.

But in order to redeploy with the node-RED editor I first need to make some small cosmetic change (e.g. moving a node) and only then the deploy button becomes enabled.

I agree this is a little extra effort, but it is also not nice if you are using the node-RED project functionality with github versioning as your cosmetic change becomes also visible as a project change which you also don't want. (So after moving the node - I move it back to its original position to assure that the project didn't change).

So, is there an easy way that I can use to redeploy all my flows in case they are not changed !

2 Likes

or alternatively - fix the node so that it reconnects correctly ?

0 Likes

Just move one one mm on place and will allow u to deploy

0 Likes

The underlying API does support an HTTP request to reload the current flows without deploying anything new. It just isn't exposed in the editor - that's something we could look at doing.

I agree that with version control/projects enabled, the 'nudge a node' technique causes unnecessary changes and churn.

0 Likes

Which node is causing the problem?

0 Likes

Thanks for the response.
For me it would be good if it would be possible using the node-RED UI to force the redeploy of all flows even in case no changes are made.... but I admit that it is better to fix the problem node or replace it with something that is reconnecting properly.

0 Likes

It is node-red-contrib-slack
See issue https://github.com/yayadrian/node-red-slack/issues/15

0 Likes

Hmmm, lookl like the author hasn't been active in GitHub for over a year. Have you thought about seeing if one of the other slack nodes might work for you? I see 10 in the flows library.

0 Likes

Yes, but none of them immediately seemed better to me. Besides the bot functionality, it must also support the functionality to post messages in specific slack channels.

0 Likes

I regularly feel this need also.
However I have found an easy way, which is to enable and disable a debug node, which results in no change to the flow, but node-red thinks it has changed.

2 Likes

I didn't think that triggered a re-deploy

0 Likes

It does for me.

1 Like

So it does!

I didn't think it did but just tried out a simple test and it did

YLSNED :slight_smile:

I knew it changed the colour of the deploy button to red but I hadn't realised that it was really active

0 Likes