Issue with generate csv file for data collection

Hello everybody,
I have an issue, I have done a project to record datas on a csv file from a Siemens PLC (Tia Portal).
Everything is ok, files are correctly generated and datas ( real, string , integers) are in csv files.
And charts are correctly displayed.

But after maybe 100 recording, nodered doesn’t respond. I have to restart application.

Thanks for help.

Welcome to the forum!

It's helpful, when you are asking for help, to provide some background information like:

1. what version of Node-red and node.js are you running? (you can get this from the startup log)
  2. what device and OS is Node0-RED runing on?
  3. how often is the flow running (once an hour, every half second)
  4. How are you restarting Node-RED?
  5. Are you using the dashboard to create charts? If so, how much data are you sending to the dashboard
  6. how long (15 minutes, two days) does it run before it stops responding?

Try putting a catch node attached to a debug node (set to display the complete msg object) in your flow. See it it shows anything,

Hellozenofmud,
First thanks for reply.

This is information:

1. what version of Node-red and node.js are you running? (you can get this from the startup log)
    Version Node Red: V3.0.2
    Node.js: v16.17.0
  2. what device and OS is Node0-RED runing on?
    Device: computer
  3. how often is the flow running (once an hour, every half second)
    flow: every 6.5s (60 datas are recorded)
  4. How are you restarting Node-RED?
    We restart NPM service
  5. Are you using the dashboard to create charts? If so, how much data are you sending to the dashboard
    Yes we use 60 datas display on 21 charts
  6. how long (15 minutes, two days) does it run before it stops responding?
    15 minutes (about 150 samples)
    Try putting a catch node attached to a debug node (set to display the complete msg object) in your flow. See it it shows anything,
    I have to try it

The charts may be your problem. Can you disable half the charts and see how long it runs?

How many points are you displaying on each chart?

1. We put a node debug, we saw nothing.
  2. We disabled all charts.
    We have same issue.
  3. Charts displayed 1 hour of datas.

It’s first time that we use node red, it means that is difficult for us to know what’s happen.

Tomorrow we will try a program with python to generate csv file and use node red to display charts.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.