Keeping up with Alexa :)

One thing (out of many!) that I'd like Alexa to do, is when I set an 8 minute timer on the kitchen echo dot to grill my breakfast bacon, that it sends the alarm out to my other dots (but particularly the one in my cave) so I can hear it wherever I'm at.

Having discovered that node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 can listen in on requests made to Alexa, I've written a flow to check for requests with timer in them and then parse the message to extract the time asked for.

I then set a delay node to this time and send my own message to all the other echos in house

At this point, you start to realise, how much work Alexa does to interpret the myriad of ways that we humans make the same type of request :slight_smile:

"Alexa, set timer for 10 minutes"
"Alexa, set a timer for 10 minutes"
"Alexa, set 10 minute timer"
etc etc etc ...

I think I've managed to do this but "time" will tell :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @cymplecy Have you looked at payload.domainAttributes

{"deviceType":"A3S5BH2HU6VAYF","durationHours":0,"recurringPattern":null,"durationSeconds":0,"notificationType":"TIMER","triggerTime":1585824373409,"deviceId":"G090LF1182850C6D","notificationLabel":null,"durationMinutes":10,"provider":null,"timezoneId":"Europe/London","notificationId":"63ebe405-54aa-3ba3-abcc-6f7643958205","musicEntity":null,"status":"ON"}
1 Like

#LOL :slight_smile:

Well -it kept me occupied for a couple of hours .... :slight_smile:

Modified it to use domainAttributes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.