LIDL 3 outlet zigbee power strip

Hi all.
I'm new to NR and just getting started.
I have a LIDL 3 outlet strip that I am trying to control via NR.
I have created a simple flow to test the turning on of the outlets.

Unfortunately the screenshot is not showing up.
I have had to move the strip back on to HE using webCoRE as I need it functional so cannot post the flow with all the attributes defined.
He is a description of the various nodes. If I leave “state_l2”: “ON” to just on, I can turn o/l1 on and off but that's all. I need to control all 3.
Timestamp - just a trigger to turn it on.
O/L 2 State - Payload O/P - the second ‘state’ in the list if memory serves me.
OFF - Just testing if device is OFF.
Turn On - SET msg.payload to the value of “state_l2”: “ON”
O/L 2-Lights- Just selected the strip and using on|off|toggle.
Any thoughts?
I have read the paragraph below and it points to using “state_l2”: “ON”.

Any thoughts on how to get this working?
Maybe you have one. How are you controlling it.

Thanks in advance from a complete newbie.

Most of us tend to use Zigbee2MQTT with a suitable Zigbee dongle. We then do everything via MQTT which is nice and easy.

That is what I am using.
Unfortunately I cannot post a screenshot to show the setup I'm trying.

You should just be able to paste a screenshot here. But it probably isn't necessary. Tell us what MQTT topic you are publishing to and exactly what you are publishing that does not work. To show use what you are publishing feed it into a debug node. Then in the debug node hover over the payload top level object and it will show a couple of little buttons to the right. One of those is Copy Value. Click on that one and paste it here.

Also, in the zigbee2mqtt dashboard (which is usually at http://localhost:8080) tell us what the device shows in the Model column.

Here is the flow.

[{"id":"4f384ad12c9218d1","type":"zigbee2mqtt-out","z":"4cf696c943cefac1","name":"O/L2-Lights","server":"62c0f8d0e8f20125","friendly_name":"Garage Strip (HG06338)","device_id":"0xbc33acfffe4f5cac","command":"state","commandType":"z2m_cmd","payload":"payload","payloadType":"msg","optionsValue":"","optionsType":"nothing","x":410,"y":920,"wires":[]},{"id":"3853665ef8baa570","type":"change","z":"4cf696c943cefac1","name":"Turn ON","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"\"state_l2\":\"ON\"","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":240,"y":920,"wires":[["4f384ad12c9218d1"]]},{"id":"a496c897315cb5b8","type":"switch","z":"4cf696c943cefac1","name":"OFF","property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"eq","v":"OFF","vt":"str"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":1,"x":90,"y":920,"wires":[["3853665ef8baa570"]]},{"id":"46db5e13b05a3c7e","type":"zigbee2mqtt-get","z":"4cf696c943cefac1","name":"O/L 2 State","server":"62c0f8d0e8f20125","friendly_name":"Garage Strip (HG06338)","device_id":"0xbc33acfffe4f5cac","state":"state_l2","enableMultiple":false,"x":270,"y":860,"wires":[["a496c897315cb5b8"]]},{"id":"2692d3324e5f6c86","type":"inject","z":"4cf696c943cefac1","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"60","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":110,"y":860,"wires":[["46db5e13b05a3c7e"]]},{"id":"62c0f8d0e8f20125","type":"zigbee2mqtt-server","name":"CORE","host":"10.10.2.1","mqtt_port":"1883","mqtt_username":"","mqtt_password":"","mqtt_qos":"0","tls":"","usetls":false,"base_topic":"zigbee2mqtt"}]

I'm new to this so I hope I'm going to give you the correct info here.

Sending the message to an mqtt 'out'.

In a 'switch' node I'm publishing "Set - msg.payload - to the value - a-z - "state_l2":"ON".

This?

Zigbee Model - TS011F
Manufacturer - _TZ3000_vmpbygs5
Description - Silvercrest 3 gang switch, with 4 USB (EU, FR, CZ, BS)

In the debug I'm seeing -
"state_l2":"ON" not allowed. Try State (on|off|toggle). Throuble with this is if I just use 'ON' I can only control the first O/L.

In the notes for the LiDL HG06338 it says the following:-

Switch (l1 endpoint)

The current state of this switch is in the published state under the state_l1 property (value is ON or OFF). To control this switch publish a message to topic zigbee2mqtt/FRIENDLY_NAME/set with payload {"state_l1": "ON"}, {"state_l1": "OFF"} or {"state_l1": "TOGGLE"}. To read the current state of this switch publish a message to topic zigbee2mqtt/FRIENDLY_NAME/get with payload {"state_l1": ""}.

#Switch (l2 endpoint)

The current state of this switch is in the published state under the state_l2 property (value is ON or OFF). To control this switch publish a message to topic zigbee2mqtt/FRIENDLY_NAME/set with payload {"state_l2": "ON"}, {"state_l2": "OFF"} or {"state_l2": "TOGGLE"}. To read the current state of this switch publish a message to topic zigbee2mqtt/FRIENDLY_NAME/get with payload {"state_l2": ""}

When posting flows or code please surround it with with triple backticks on a separate line, rather than single backtick on the same line. That works better with the forum, making it easier to copy.

In the Change node youi need to create a javascript object, not a string, so something like

No you aren't. You are sending to a zigbee2mqtt node. I don't use those, they just made life complicated for me. I just use MQTT In and Out nodes directly.
In fact that means the answer to what you need in the change node may also be wrong. You will have to look at the help text for the zigbee node to see what it wants (or switch to MQTT nodes).

1 Like

Told you I was a novice. :wink:
Well I changed it to how you have it above and BINGO we have a winner.

Thankyou so much for this. I've been scratching around and getting nowhere.

Also, I noted that you appear to be sending ON or OFF but the error tells you to use on and off. Details matter when talking to computers I'm afraid.

1 Like

Thanks for the info but ON OFF is working. I will change to on off though and see if it is still OK.
Thanks again.

I was going by this info that you shared.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.