light control via shelly

Hello Node-RED profils :slight_smile:
I am totally new to this and hope someone can help me.
I am looking for a light control for our camper. I would like to use shellys or similar to dim our lights in the camper via a push button / switch (short push button = light on / light off - long push button dim - brighter / darker).
In the camper we have a 12 V system.
Does anyone have an idea what I need and how I can implement this?
Thanks in advance. I am open to any suggestions.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your requirements seem to be two-fold.
First, before the second part - integration with NR and actions, like on/off/dim - can be discussed, let us know more about your infrastructure in the camper.

For instance, all shelly devices I am aware of, that are capable of dimming a light buld or LED are AC powered. You stated, that you have a 12V (DC?) infrastructure. Is that correct? What type is your infrastructure using (existing switches, bulbs and dimmers/LEDs)...AC, DV Voltage Level (12V?).

Hi @ChrisF
Is your question related to node-RED?
If not, Shelly have their own support forum - Forum - Offizielles Shelly Support Forum where you should get better product support.
If it is node-RED related, please provide more details about how you intend to use node-RED to control it (12 volt supply?)

The only shelly that will dim 12v dc is the rgbw dimmer.

• Support any 12v or 24v White, RGB, RGBW led strips and 12/24v led bulbs, with up to 288W combined power.

you could link it direct with a shelly 1 if you have 12v at switch position. If not a shelly button1.

Ahhh...right, I forgot that the rgbw2 exists.
Now the next question is, if you need NR at all or if the requested features/"gestures" aren't part of the shelly solution ecosystem (the App) already.

I have a 12 V DC system. My LEDs are all dimmable. Currently I still have a push button or switch installed. I am still very flexible.
I have already installed this board: Raspberry Pi Hat (Kopie) | PeKaWay

• PI4 on which the software runs
  • a Mosfetboard with 8 channels, which can be controlled by the relayboard.
    The whole software is open source and can be changed.
    The dimming would currently be done via a web interface or at a touch screen. However, I find this a bit impractical when, for example, you come into the van and want to turn on the lights.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.