I'm being asked to build an app on a multitech conduit using node red.
It needs to do the following:
- Receive Lora messages
- Send them off to a web service
- If the send fails, resend.....without ever losing a msg
#1 and #2 are easy....i cant figure out a reasonably straightforward way to do #3
Have you thought about utilising the catch/status nodes to start a flow for 3?
I tried that but i am talking about potentially dozens of messages and it seems to have a limit. Additionally, are they persisted?
I suppose you receive an ack from the web service on successful transmission? And hopefully you always know the status of it?
I would just build up a FIFO "pile" of messages in context when transmission fails and as soon as the connection is working again, resend them again.
- you may have to think about the order messages are sent
- should you go for FIFO or LIFO?
- what if connection is broken and then suddenly works? Should you send the current message first or should you work through the pile first?
- do you need to think about messages getting "too old", could it happen they become obsolete after a while?
- do you have to consider total number of messages to keep?
- what if the web service is down for a longer period?
Where do we send the bill for this consultancy?
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.