Modbus mqtt Domoticz

Schenider Energy Meter via Modbus - Node red mqtt to Domoticz

Hi I’m looking at Controlling my energy meter by the modbus using USB Rs485 to read the addresses and have displayed on my Domoticz automation software

I’m complete newbie to Node red and have little programming skills

Appreciate any help to get me started if anyone can put me a flow together to point me in right direction

Thanks in advance
John

Domoticz Automation

Schenider Energy Meter
https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_enDocType=User+guide&p_File_Name=iEM3000+User+Manual+August+2017+-+DOCA0005EN-08.pdf&p_Doc_Ref=DOCA0005EN-06

Welcome to the forum @Jono1

I recommend you start by watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot in about 1 hour.

Thank you Colin

Much appreciated for the link to the videos

John

Hi @Jono1,

It will be possible to convert Modbus register data to Domoticz compatible MQTT commands.
I did it earlier for a Honeywell brdg-03em01 See: honeywell brdg-03em01 with dru fireplace - Page 2 - Domoticz. However I do not own (and I assume most forum users here) a Schneider Energy Meter, so you have to test and provide necessary data yourself

But before we start you should look to the Node-RED Essentials playlist

This will make you somewhat familiar with this tool.

Regards

Hi Fire Wizard thank you for taking the time to read my post and Thank you for clarifying the energy meter is possible to work over mod-bus using node red and sending the link for node red essentials videos ,

I’m working my way through them very useful much appreciated

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.