Mongo db deprecated

Hello, I am using mongo db 3 node in store timestamp into it. As i started the node red following error has occurred in terminal:
(node:2627) [MONGODB DRIVER] Warning: Current Server Discovery and Monitoring engine is deprecated, and will be removed in a future version. To use the new Server Discover and Monitoring engine, pass option { useUnifiedTopology: true } to the MongoClient constructor.

What is meant by this I am not getting?

First off when you name a node, please give the full node name like node-red-contrib-mongodb3 which will make it easier for people to help you.

If that is the node you are using you might want to look for another.
(1) the node hasn't been updated in over two years.
(2) The author is no longer supporting it. He stated in an issue on May 3 2019

I'm sorry but I don't have time to work on this. We are no longer using Node-RED in my company so I don't have motivation to make that effort :sweat_smile:

As for the error message, what don't you get? In a future release of MongoDB that feature will be removed.

And before you ask, no I don't have a recomendation of which node you should use since I don't use MongoDB, sorry.

1 Like

Hello @OmkarNodered,

as @zenofmud said, the node-red-contrib-mongodb3 you are using is no longer updated so its better to uninstall it and use a more recent one (note: you wont be able to have two versions running)

I've been doing some tests with MongoDb and I used node-red-node-mongodb that i believe is looked over and maintained by the developers of node-red.

Regarding the useUnifiedTopology Warrning I was seeing it too in the console even with the more recent node-red-node-mongodb
im not exactly sure to what its related but you can read some info on it here

You can suppress the warning by passing an option in the config for the mongodb connection.

@zenofmud and @UnborN thanks for the help.. :slightly_smiling_face:
I have uninstalled node-red-contrib-mongodb3 and using node-red-node-mongodb, working fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.