Moving multiple elements at the same time in the layout editor

I don't know if anybody has made the same observation as me. At least I couldn't find an existing thread:

I have several layouts in node-red-dashboard that consist of > 30 Elements. Every time I want to insert elements between existing elements or create new elements within the layout I have to manually grab each element and move it to its new designated position. This is taking me up to 30 minutes each time I want to do something like this.

Can anybody relate?

A workaround that came to mind would be to write a script that edits the flow.json file directly to set the desired 'location' properties of the ui elements. This however probably isn't a good idea...

Can someone imagine how to improve the user-experience in that case? I don't want anybody to implement something, I just want to know what a good way to do things would look like.

My proposal: CTRL+click on an element marks it red allowing you to select multiple elements. If you then drag a marked element all the marked elements get dragged along with it, keeping the relative distances between the marked elements constant.

Thank you for your time!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.