NCD Sensors library

Hi, i found NCD Sensor library (https://flows.nodered.org/search?term=ncd). I read that these sensors use Digimesh, and because i don't have NCD i try to use my Xbee's, that also use Digimesh firmware, but i receive the error from the photo. Is this error appears because i don't use the right sensors, or the reason is else?

Hi, it looks like you have no permissions to access the Com11 device. Try giving the user you are logged in as permission to use it!

1 Like

I will follow your advice.
Can i achieve this goal: Connect one of the nodes physically (USB) to the PC/RPI, and use it to obtain sensor data (Temp) from remote wireless node (with node red of course)?

Now i have this problem with debugging. Any help?

"TypeError: Cannot read property 'digi' of undefined"

4.05.2020 г., 14:56:39node: 73f69770.0d27e8msg : error

"TypeError: Cannot read property 'gateway' of null"

Not with so little information.

Screenshots? Flow? Code? What node is generating the error? Etc etc etc.

1 Like

Where is that error occuring? Click the nodeid link in the debug panel - it will take you to the node causing an error. Also, give your debug node unique names - makes it easier to see where the messages come from .

Once you know which node is generating the error, put a debug node BEFORE it and then fire it again. See what goes into that node. Is everything there as expected?

The node generating the error is 'Wireless gateway'. Don't use code for now (just test).

I have no idea what that node is (you dont say what it is - e.g. node-red-contrib-??????), nor have you shown settings entered.

Sorry, but it is impossible to help you.

PS, are you certain that error is from "Flow 2" is there another flow? Try changing "all nodes" to "current flow" on the debug panel. (top right)

also, change the debug node settings to "complete message"

lastly, add a catch node and link that to a debug node with "complete message" option set.

When the error occurs again, look in the debug panel & expand all parts - there might be some more clues to your issue.

There is no other flow.
I already change the debug node settings to "complete message".
I added catch and expanded the debug panel, but nothing new came out
The nodes are:

Like i asked in the beginning, could the problem be be because, i don't use the Ncd sensors?

4.05.2020 г., 14:56:39node: 73f69770.0d27e8msg : error

4.05.2020 г., 14:56:39node: Wallmsg : error

Like i asked in the beginning, could the problem be be because, i don't use the Ncd sensors?

you still didnt post screen shot of config.

but...

I suppose that doesnt matter now.

Heres a mad question - why are you using this node if you dont have NCD sensors?

PS, I 'm gonna go with yes. You probably left the serial port (or some other setting) empty - like this...

Like i said before- i wish to achieve this goal: Connect one of the nodes physically (USB) to the PC/RPI, and use it to obtain sensor data (Temp) from remote wireless node. From the library in node-red, i think NCD library is the closest possible option (if you know better option feel free to share with me). I read that NCD sensors use Digimesh, and because i don't have NCD i try to use my Xbee's, that also use Digimesh firmware.
Sorry for the photos i forget.

Any help?

Not related to using the NCD node no.

You might want to try a different approach.

If you can get it to work in nodejs using a lib like this then feasibility, you could look into making a node-red contrib node for yourself and others. Or, you could just include a reference to the lib and use function nodes to call the lib

I think my question is related to using the NCD nodes, because they use digimesh firmware, and my xbee nodes use that firmware too, so my question was what is the nature of the mentioned error- is it appear because the nodes are different (ncd vs xbee), or the problem is somewhere else?

Yeah, I get that, but you asked...

and i said...

But, I did suggest a node lib that you might get working (there is an example.js file in there - you could tweak it & run it on a command line - if it works, we can help you incorporate that into node-red)

Ok, but can someone tell me what is the meaning of the mentioned error, and how to solve it ?

Any help?

I don't think it's gonna work but if it helps, I don't get that error.

Maybe the fact you have set com12 for 2 different configs is causing an issue. (One of the config nodes might be locking into com 12 and the other config node then fails)

Try deleting all configs except for 1. Also, are you certain your com port is 12?

After that, try the other suggestion.

I would suggest you contact the author of the Node that you are using and ask does it support different Mesh products rather than just NCD

It appears that no one else on the forum has used this in the fashion that you are trying to

Craig

I follow this video steps, but still got the mention error