Neo4jError: Pool is closed, it is no more able to serve requests

Hi,

I am using node-red-contrib-neo4j-bolt to create new entries in neo4j. After Node RED has been running for a while I get this error message: "Neo4jError: Pool is closed, it is no more able to serve requests.".

Any ideas on how to find a solution to this problem? I have looked at the modules github page but there seem to not be any ways to submit issues so I might need to do a bit more debugging here myself.

I managed to catch the error but not sure what to do about it:

Neo4jError: Pool is closed, it is no more able to serve requests.

at captureStacktrace (/data/node_modules/neo4j-driver-core/lib/result.js:239:17)
    at new Result (/data/node_modules/neo4j-driver-core/lib/result.js:59:23)
    at Session._run (/data/node_modules/neo4j-driver-core/lib/session.js:174:16)
    at Session.run (/data/node_modules/neo4j-driver-core/lib/session.js:139:21)
    at Neo4jBolt._inputCallback (/data/node_modules/node-red-contrib-neo4j-bolt/neo4j.js:78:21)
    at /usr/src/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/nodes/Node.js:210:26
    at Object.trigger (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/util/lib/hooks.js:166:13)
    at Neo4jBolt.Node._emitInput (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/nodes/Node.js:202:11)
    at Neo4jBolt.Node.emit (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/nodes/Node.js:186:25)
    at Neo4jBolt.Node.receive (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/nodes/Node.js:485:10)

Hi @flipzz

I don't know this node or the framework, but looking at it, I come to this conclusion.

The node does close connections when the node its self is removed/restarted - That's Good!
although the close() method is a promise, so ideally needs to be awaited, I don't think that will stop it from closing however.

node.on('close', function () {
      session.close()
      driver.close()
 })

But one thing I don't see, and that is the node recovering from a remote disconnect.

Once a remote disconnected has happened - the node is not aware, and the moment you attempt to write - Big booms will happens

Trouble starts here.

at Neo4jBolt._inputCallback (/data/node_modules/node-red-contrib-neo4j-bolt/neo4j.js:78:21)

Big booms here

You are seeing it in the debug panel because the promise is failing and the error is being returned

The dev should add some recovery, to guard against the remote side closing the connection
I could be wrong of course - but that's all I have :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.