[new node] node-red-contrib-cip-ethernet-ip

I'm not sure if I understood your problem. Could you please post some screenshots or a video about your issue?

Hi,
when i goto manage palette, the three nodes installed are greyed out, when i try to enable them i get a message in putty "8 Oct 06:53:39 - [warn] Failed to enable node:
8 Oct 06:53:39 - [warn] - ethernet-ip : SyntaxError: Unexpected token ..."

thanks

What version of node.js are you using? That error is often caused by the node requiring a newer version.

i am on version 6.12.3, i can see there is a new version, any idea how i upgarde this ?
Thanks for your help

It will depend entirely on how you installed node.js in the first place, what operating system you are using etc. There is no 'one-click' answer.

i am using Yocto on a SIMATIC 2040, i tried an update of node.js, but it did not install

Saying it did not install does not give us many clues to help you.
Tell us what OS you are using, how you installed node.js initially, and how you tried to update it and what the problem was.

Colin

it's a Simatic 2040 with Yocto on it - the images can be found on their support site - like https://support.industry.siemens.com/tf/ww/en/posts/latest-sd-card-example-image/156074/?page=0&pageSize=10 - which says node.js is 6.12 - so is built into the firmware.

HI all, i have been advised that the issue is with the use of Spread Syntax (three dots "...") , this is not supported within older versions of yocto, I'm not a node.js expert, would anyone know how to amend this?

from what i can see in the file the Spread Syntax is used three times.

lines 18 and 267.

some help would be appreciated
Thanks

I see there is already an issue on that node for this

You may wish to add your findings and comments there.

@machadotiago - any thoughts ?

Thanks for the tip

on the topic of "It is a generic implementation of the industrial EtherNet/IP Protocol"

Would you say then, that this node could be used to, read from/write to, any io device that communicates via Ethernet/IP, or would you say that it is only for PLC use?

How do you target any of the other tags that are not controller tags?

Add the tag under a named program scope. You would enter the name of the routine/program that the tag is created under.

There are Controller/Global scope tags and then there are Program/Local tags.

For instance,

Controller Tags
Ā» MyGlobalTag : BOOL

MyProgramRoutine
Ā» MyLocalProgramTag : BOOL

Hello!
does this node support reading an entire array data type or do I need to add individual tags for each element? for example data[100] REAL, can I read the entire array in one message?

i need to read an array of REAL data type 3000 elements in length. I imported a csv file into the node with all individual tags data[0], data[1], data[2]....data[2999], I the node stopped reading at data[1459]. Is there a limit of tags per message?

While @machadotiago is sometimes on the forum you might be better asking by opening an issue
here https://github.com/netsmarttech/node-red-contrib-cip-ethernet-ip

Hello all, I'm working with the PCCC and now the "Ethernet/IP" nodes for Allen Bradley. I have confidence in the OPC solutions so far. Having fine success working with plcpeople who fixed some issues for reconnecting when errors are detected. I would like to see if I can depend on the "Ethernet/IP" connection for at least monitoring and feedback of the PLC directly.

I am wondering if it is my configuration, or if there is a fundamental problem with the READ node. The Write note seems to work fine with no errors. However, I cannot read tags from the processor but only on restarting flows. Can anyone help? What are the dependencies on Node.JS version, or other related updates? My Node.JS version is 10.16.0 and Node-RED is v1.0.0-beta.2.

New Information!!
I tested by writing to the same tag with the programming software. That will update the READ node... Why would it matter that you update the tag by other means except by writing a value by the output Write node?? Strange behavior.

@gfcittolin @machadotiago I'm using the CIP-ethernet-IP node. It works great! Are there any plans to make it "flexible" like modbus? Allow users to define their own IP address with a payload like this:

`msg.payload = { 'connectorType': 'TCP', 'tcpHost': '127.0.0.1', 'unitId': 2 } 
return msg `

The above string was pulled from the modbus flex connector node
Otherwise, the node works great. Thanks for making it.

1 Like

@traderjoe Agreed. I'd also like the ability to populate the vartable programmatically. I submitted that as a feature request on their github page about an hour ago.

Yes, I realize this is an old thread. :slight_smile: