No debug output in side-bar. Tried lots, stuck, please help

Works fine ?

Is your debug window filtered ?

Sorry - what does filtered mean?

look at the screenshot: "all nodes", which can be changed to "filter". So if it shows "all nodes" it is not filtered.

It isn’t filtered. I’ve filtered it and gotten the same result as well.

you might have errors in console

I'm pretty green. What would that entail? When I run even the super basic 2 nodes I don't get anything in the debug terminal.

With your browser (chrome, edge, firefox, Safari etc) open and looking at node-red flows (where you enter nodes), press F12 (key on the keyboard, top right) then when Dev tools open, select the console tab. Screenshot it and paste here if any red errors appear.

Can you post a screenshot showing it displaying nothing after you click the inject button?

what browser are you using ?

Google Chrome

open the developer window and refresh the node-red page, look in the console.

Unfortunately from both you screenshots one is unable to see the start of your flow.

Let’s start with basics.

If you connect an inject node configure to inject timestamp directly to a new debug node configured to write entire msg object to debug panel and to the console.
What happens when you click on the object?
Does anything appear in your console log?

Is that flow deployed? The blue dot above the debug node suggests it's not (or you switched the debug output on after deploy).

Please try this in this exact sequence...

• Open Dev tools (F12)
  • Ensure debug output button is solid / dark (enabled)
  • Deploy (so that deploy button greys out)
  • Click the inject
  • Post screenshot of node-red and devtools console.

Something funky is going on.

Questions...
Have you tried other browsers?
Have you tried running node-red on another machine?
Is there a firewall between your browser and the node-red installation?
Is this a corporate environment (with all the crappy policies in place that just make a devs life harder) or personal machine(s)?

Also, please state the nodejs version and the OS where node-red is installed / running.

Additionally, the make and version of browser where you are viewing node-red and any other pertinent info (i.e, is the browser on the same machine as where you're running node-red?)

(Sorry if this info is already addressed/listed but this is a long thread - please entertain us & repeat it as we wish to help you)

how do I ensure the debug output button is solid / dark?

If you click it, it toggles between disabled (kinda inset, light green) and enabled (outset, solid green)

In your picture it's enabled BUT the deploy button isn't grey suggesting the flow is not fully deployed.

Please follow the steps I suggested to the letter and provide the requested info so we evaluate the situation.

To be fair, it is odd that you have seen no debug output. I'm certain, even if by accident you would have seen something by now. So please indulge us with my request for you to follow precisely the steps I layed out and provide all the info requested.

Hopefully we can help you make sense of this.

I think I followed your steps.If I click the debug button it does the thing where it pops in and out - I think think is how you want it.

Did you click the inject before taking screenshot?

Will you provide the additional answers?

Difficult to help someone if you don't know all the details.