Node Maker is here!

The first version of Node Maker is ready. Node Maker is a set of subflow nodes that can be used to quickly create a new Node-RED node, the property panel, and the node's behavior. You can use Node Maker to easily create an initial template or the entire work necessary for creating a Node-RED node.

I slammed this together over the weekend because I've got a bunch of nodes to make. The subflows themselves are a bit messy, but it produces clean code. You can learn more at:

10 Likes

Hi There!

A bit late to the party but I just discovered node-maker the other day. I find a great idea and had the same idea with my nodedev project. I did not focus on UI rather on creating the package structure (i.e. templates for config nodes, templates for locale files, etc) so node-maker fits well with what I've done :wink:

I used node-maker to create a tab UI and an editor UI, both worked really well - great stuff :+1:

I have also taken the liberty of copying the node-maker flow to flowhub.org where I collect together various flows I play around with - I hope that's ok!

Cheers!

1 Like