Node publishing

Hi,
I published my first nodes for Node-RED two days ago as node-red-contrib-foxtrotnode. But I can't find it in Node-RED's pallete manager to install. Can you give me some advice what I did wrong?

Thank you very much

Best to jump onto Slack and ask Nick to give the update process a kick.

No idea why it didn’t get picked up by the automatic process. Have poked it and its there now.

Spoke too soon... the flow library just removed it because it didn't show up on npm's search results for modules with the node-red keyword. Which is odd as your module definitely does have that keyword.

So something else is going on here - need to dig into it a bit more.

[Update]

@PizlaTheDeveloper if I search npm for foxtrotnode it finds your module, but curiously, the search result looks like this:
foxtrotnode_-_npm_search

So something is up with your node's listing on npm. Its individual registry entry looks fine to my untrained eye - http://registry.npmjs.org/node-red-contrib-foxtrotnode

All I can suggest is to try publishing a new version to nudge npm into reindexing your node.

Thank you for your advice! You’re right, search results are really weird… But I don’t know why :frowning: I am new to node and npm. I can’t find any information about this issue, so I will need to contact the npm support.

Some progress? Can you contact me please?

What progress are you looking for?

The node is published and available via manage palette or flows.nodered.org

Then open an issue on the nodes github page. You can find a link from the nodes page on flows.nodered.org

Hi, I have probably no helpful advice. The node was successfully indexed automatically after few days (weeks).

Did you wait a couple of weeks and then republish, or did npm randomly index the module after a couple of weeks?

I'm having the same problem with my module:

I've tried updating npm and republishing but I can't get it to index correctly.

did you read the other posts from today and yesterday about the same issue?
Which includes a workaround for an apparent issue with the npm index

Thanks! I checked this thread out:

https://discourse.nodered.org/t/node-not-updated-in-palette-manager/10354/6

and requested an update on the node's flows.nodered.org page.

Is there anything we can do for new nodes that aren't yet on flows.nodered.org?

No. As I said to you on slack yesterday:

I can’t manually add it because if it doesn’t show up in the search results, the flow library assumes it has been removed from npm so removes it from the library

I also suggested you raise an issue with the npm community regarding the search results - did you do that? I can't see anything from you on there.

Wasn't sure if someone found a workaround, as ukmoose mentioned in his message.

This is my post to the npm forum from yesterday as per your recommendation: