Node publishing

Hi,
I published my first nodes for Node-RED two days ago as node-red-contrib-foxtrotnode. But I can't find it in Node-RED's pallete manager to install. Can you give me some advice what I did wrong?

Thank you very much

0 Likes

Best to jump onto Slack and ask Nick to give the update process a kick.

0 Likes

No idea why it didn’t get picked up by the automatic process. Have poked it and its there now.

0 Likes

Spoke too soon... the flow library just removed it because it didn't show up on npm's search results for modules with the node-red keyword. Which is odd as your module definitely does have that keyword.

So something else is going on here - need to dig into it a bit more.

[Update]

@PizlaTheDeveloper if I search npm for foxtrotnode it finds your module, but curiously, the search result looks like this:
foxtrotnode_-_npm_search

So something is up with your node's listing on npm. Its individual registry entry looks fine to my untrained eye - http://registry.npmjs.org/node-red-contrib-foxtrotnode

All I can suggest is to try publishing a new version to nudge npm into reindexing your node.

0 Likes

Thank you for your advice! You’re right, search results are really weird… But I don’t know why :frowning: I am new to node and npm. I can’t find any information about this issue, so I will need to contact the npm support.

0 Likes

Some progress? Can you contact me please?

0 Likes

What progress are you looking for?

The node is published and available via manage palette or flows.nodered.org

0 Likes

Then open an issue on the nodes github page. You can find a link from the nodes page on flows.nodered.org

0 Likes

Hi, I have probably no helpful advice. The node was successfully indexed automatically after few days (weeks).

0 Likes

Did you wait a couple of weeks and then republish, or did npm randomly index the module after a couple of weeks?

I'm having the same problem with my module:

I've tried updating npm and republishing but I can't get it to index correctly.

0 Likes

did you read the other posts from today and yesterday about the same issue?
Which includes a workaround for an apparent issue with the npm index

0 Likes

Thanks! I checked this thread out:

https://discourse.nodered.org/t/node-not-updated-in-palette-manager/10354/6

and requested an update on the node's flows.nodered.org page.

Is there anything we can do for new nodes that aren't yet on flows.nodered.org?

0 Likes

No. As I said to you on slack yesterday:

I can’t manually add it because if it doesn’t show up in the search results, the flow library assumes it has been removed from npm so removes it from the library

I also suggested you raise an issue with the npm community regarding the search results - did you do that? I can't see anything from you on there.

0 Likes

Wasn't sure if someone found a workaround, as ukmoose mentioned in his message.

This is my post to the npm forum from yesterday as per your recommendation:

0 Likes