Node-Red and node-red-contrib-redis

I hope someone can shed some light on what appears to be a rather simple thing but for the life of me I cannot work out.

I apologies in advance if I don’t follow the rule or format my text correctly, I am new to the forum and cannot find the answer I am looking for.

Before I start, I have read all the docs in https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-redis Downloaded the sample flow and modified the connection to point to my local redis server.

The first issue I have is how to connect to my redis server, In the examples there is a green connected symbol for subscriptions, however even if I modify the redis config and give it an IP address that does not exist, after deploying the flow the connection shows green connected and this is where my problems start. Surly it cannot be connected there is no end point.

Assuming the Green Connected Symbol is just a simple bug and can be ignored, I change the config to point to my redis server IP. I have used the redis cli to check that it’s running and everything is fine.

All I want to do is set some kvp and retrieve it. Using the samples, I trigger the sample flow that injects {‘a’:1,’b’:2} into redis, then I wait for a while and node-red catch returns

“MaxRetriesPerRequestError: Reached the max retries per request limit (which is 20). Refer to "maxRetriesPerRequest" option for details.
at Socket. (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/ioredis/built/redis/event_handler.js:172:37)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:277:13)
at Socket.emit (events.js:189:13)
at TCP._handle.close (net.js:600:12)

Assuming everyone else is using this node fine, then what have I done wrong?
My server settings are just an IP address 10.10.10.4 with no options.

Any help would be great, thanks

After watching my node-red output, I noticed that no matter what Server IP address I put in, it is always looking for 127.0.0.1 (Local Host). Installing redis on the same box now appears to be working. How do I change to look at a remote redis server?

As this is a contributed node, you may need to raise an issue in the author's GitHub repo I'm afraid.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.