node-RED can not be opened anymore

I can´t reach the node-RED editor. Node-RED is running but I acces to the editor or dashboard!

have no acces to Editor or Dashboard I mean

Paste a screenshot of what you see in the browser when you try to get to it, including the address bar of the browser.
Also tell us whether the browser is running on the same machine as node red.
If it is on a different machine then on the node-red machine, in a terminal, run

ifconfig

and paste the result here

the browser don´t run on the same machine as node-red

the same result is when i try to access the editor on the raspberry pi with 127.0.0.1:1880

Looking back at what you said earlier, you said that you had renamed the flow file to flow_new and restarted node-red, but the log you posted shows it using that flow when it should have made a new empty one. Can you rename it again and restart node red. Don't do anything else. Then you should see it starting with a new empty flow.

ok now i can reach the editor again :smiley:

Was my flow the reason why it stopped working? or can I import my old flow again

1 Like

Yes, something in there was causing a hangup and preventing it from fully starting. There should be a backup flow called
.flows_H00something.json.backup where you can see the name in the first log you posted, I can't easily read the screenshot. Note the dot on the front of the filename. If that is there then it should be the flow from before you made the last change. First make a copy of it under a different name so you can get it back if you want it, then rename it to whatever your current flow file name is and try that.

ok thanks for support.

I imported the old flow and Node-RED works fine :+1:

The moral is to keep regular backups of your flow.

there you are right, I do a weekly backup, maybe I'll do some more now

If you use the projects feature with a repository on another machine then that becomes very easy as each change you make is recorded and you can easily backtrack to previous versions.

Hello Georg
Can you please tell me from starting what you did to reach nodered via browser.
I am having same problem and couldn't reach nodered via browser.
I am new to nodered so it will be helping if you explain briefly to me please.
thank you

I have add a new flow1.json file and set this as starting flow for node-red

how you did that can you please explain me?

What are you putting in the browser url?
Is node red running on the same machine as the browser or on a different machine?
Post here the log seen when starting node-red (from the Welcome to node-red message).

I am using Siemens IOT2040.
and i am using Putty to access it from my PC.
before nodered was working properly.
so the problem started when i changed the IP address of my IOT2040. and then when i am entering 192.168.200.1:1880 to my browser it can't reach nodered.
It is showing the error shown in picture.

nodered%20CredentialSecret

You are trying to use Node-RED v0.20.5 with nodejs v6.12.3
as per the release notes for v0.20 it requires nodejs v8 as a minimum

So normally I'd suggest upgrading to nodejs v8, but you will need to check what version of nodejs the Siemens IOT2040 supports. If the latest is nodejs v6 you will need to downgrade Node-RED to v0.19.x

So the problem must have started when you upgraded Node-RED rather than just changing the IP address

how can i downgrade Node-RED?

That surely depends on how you installed it.

If you installed using npm then there is an npm syntax to specify the version to install, which you can google. It's not something I've ever needed to do.

ok
Thank you for the help.
rest i will try using google.