Node red - cannot install on windows 7?

Installation on windows 7 is not possible (installation proces stop).
Why since I can find this text on the Node Red page.

"This page gives specific instructions on setting up Node-RED in a Microsoft Windows environment. The instructions are specific to Windows 10 but should also work for Windows 7 and Windows Server from 2008R2. It is not advisable to use versions prior to Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008R2 due to lack of current support."

It works perfectly well on windows 7.

Did you follow the official instruction?

You should post the install log (contents of the terminal where you rand commands) so we can see what you did and where it stopped - there are often big clues - without it - we would be guessing as to your issue.

I have now downloaded an older version of Node-red and installed.
That works.
Node red is running on the windows 7 now.
Thank you for your reply.

Glad its working for you however It is a shame you couldnt post your install log (contents of the terminal where you ran commands) for the benefit of the community - there may be a bug that needs fixing - or a known issue (like using latest NPM v7 for example).

I will say though, latest version of node-red does work on windows 7.

I would seriously encourage you to NOT use Windows 7. It has more security holes than a down range target at the Marine Corps sniper training school. Microsoft has not provided 'critical' patches or vulnerability updates for Windows 7 for almost a year now. And stability and functionality updates as well as other security issues for several years now.