Node-red-contrib-googlehome

Thanks in advance, im trying to set up node-red-contrib-googlehome.
Firstly i will say what im trying to do, just encase this is not a suitable solution.
I want to display my thermometer from home assistant in the google home app.
I followed down the instruction with ease then suddenly i was totally lost its as if the instructions just stopped at the point i needed to make the flow. I imported the examle which seemed to be completly irrelevant for my task. So im at a loss, i either cant follow instructions or this bridge does not do what i want. Node-RED Google Assistant Bridge

As I said on Slack, I'll answer it there, when I get time.

Sorry i was able to create an account and raise my issue in slack but was not able to find it again. I used the search in slack but i could not find the correct room and when i used your link from the instructions it went to a slack home page. So i deleted my slack account and tried here.

Have you logged in and created created your device?

As it says in the instructions;

Sensors
When using the Sensor device type, these can only be used as an output

Currently the Sensor supports 2 value types

Temperature (must be in celsius)
Humidity Percentage (must me an integer)
These can be updated independently or as a pair, the input msg should look something like

{
  topic: "",
  payload: {
    params: {
        temperatureAmbientCelsius: temp,
        humidityAmbientPercent: Math.round(humidity)
    }
  }
}

So you create the msg.topic and payload as shown, place a Google Home Response node in your flow and then fire it up and select your sensor. That is all there is to it. You should also install a filter node prior to the Google node to limit repeat outputs. I use msg.payload.params.temperatureAmbientCelsius with 'block unless change is greater than' 2%. Remember that Google does not actually show a temperature on the Home page, it will just respond it you ask the temperature.

I see that hardlib is going to respond on Slack but if you have deleted your account maybe this will help

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.