Node-red-contrib-mssql doesn't apear to install on thethingbox running on RPI

I was doing a tutorial to get started with node red and at the tutorial they use mssql and install with the built menage pallete option. But on my interface it doesn't appear.

i tried to install through console with the command npm install node-red-contrib-mssql, but after installing it doesn't appear.

I have tested on W10 and it appears. Can anyone help me?

From which directory are you executing the npm install .... and what was the output of install ? I suspect you don't have git installed, but that is an uneducated guess, therefore, post the log.

thanks for your answer.

i doing it from

pi@nodered:~ $

pi@nodered:~ $ npm install node-red-contrib-mssql
(node:21797) [DEP0022] DeprecationWarning: os.tmpDir() is deprecated. Use os.tmpdir() instead.
npm WARN deprecated sprintf@0.1.5: The sprintf package is deprecated in favor of sprintf-js.
npm WARN deprecated core-js@1.2.7: core-js@<2.6.8 is no longer maintained. Please, upgrade to core-js@3 or at least to actual version of core-js@2.
node-red-contrib-mssql@0.0.7 node_modules/node-red-contrib-mssql
├── mustache@3.1.0
└── mssql@3.3.0 (generic-pool@2.5.4, promise@7.3.1, tedious@1.14.0)
pi@nodered:~ $

node-red-contrib-mssql is old and has some bugs and is less flexible than node-red-contrib-mssql-plus. Give that a go.

You should install from the .node-red folder.

I noticed you were following a tutorial. Just so you know, the plus version I mentioned is compatible with the old version.

Also, why don't you install from the pallete manager instead of command line?

Hi,
Which version of TheThingBox are you running ?
To install a Node-RED node in TheThingBox, you should be in the /root/userdir folder :

sudo su
cd /root/userdir
npm install node-red-contrib-mssql-plus
1 Like