Node-red-contrib-speedtest config error

I've been using this node for almost a year without any issues until today... for some reason I'm now getting the error:

Error: Configuration - Could not retrieve or read configuration (ConfigurationError)

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, how do I go about fixing it?

It looks like you have already opened a GitHub issue which is what I would have suggested.

Interesting because I haven't opened a Github issue. But since my post, I've heard from fellow ham radio NR users (who use the same node) they are experiencing the same issue. So I suspect one of them opened the issue on Github. Somewhat pleased to hear its not just me :slight_smile: so fingers crossed the developer will release a fix.

1 Like

Haha, sorry, the id on GitHub looked similar and the time was so close. Hopefully the author will help out.

FYI I am happily using Speedtest and it continues to work without error. I'm running it hourly and logging to Influx DB.

That said, the speedtest I am using doesn't have a configuration node. I'm using node-red-contrib-speedtest 1.1.0 and it works well.

Hope that helps?

@hazymat Mat, can you provide some other info:

1. what device and OS is it running?
  2. what version of Node-RED and node.js

That could be a big help in figuring out what is happening because on my
Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2 running Buster
NR v2.1.1 and node.js v14.21.3

using node-red-contrib-speedtest v1.1.0

I get Error: Configuration - Could not retrieve or read configuration (ConfigurationError)

Ubuntu 20.04.5 (running within a virtual machine on Win Hyper-V)
NR v3.0.2 (you should upgrade!)
node.js v17.5.0

Odd numbered node JS are not supported. You should use node 16 or 18 LTS

do you have nvm or n node version manager installed?

I have nvm yes. Okay thanks - I had no idea. I'll upgrade to 18.16.1

I suggest getting rid of it, it just causes confusion. Note, that is nvm not npm.

It is a test pi that I was trying it on.

@k5map

1. what device and OS are you using?
  2. what version of Node-RED and node.js

RaspiOS 11 v5.10.0 (virtual machine)
Node v16.20.1
NPM v8.19.4
NR v3.0.2

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.