Node-red-contrib-ui-web-push unknown: ui_web_push_client

Hi all,

when I try to use the Basic example flow from bartbutenaers / node-red-contrib-ui-web-push one node is unknown although I think I have installed everything.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Thomas

Hi Thomas,
Which node is unknown?
Bart

Good morning Bart,

the ui_web_push_client node is unknown.
Can you see it in the screenshot?

Ah ok, so my own node is missing...
How did you install it? From within your .node-red folder? Any errors during installation, or in your Node-RED server log, or in your browser console log?

Hi Bart,

I did install node-red-contrib-ui-web-push using Node Red editor in browser.
I do not remember any problems.

That is not possible, because I have never published that Node in the palette...
I have a couple of nodes that are nearly finished, but never found the time to do that. But it works, because I use it myself to send messages from Node-RED to my Android phone (without third-party tools).
I assume you have installed this one from your palette (which you als need): node-red-contrib-web-push...

You need to install mine directly from my Github repo using following command (from within your .node-red folder):

npm install bartbutenaers/node-red-contrib-ui-web-push

I will add that on my readme page.

Thx!
I will try to do it so and come back with the result ...

1 Like

Hi, I am back :slightly_smiling_face:

If I try to install, this happens:

pi@raspberrypi:/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red $ sudo npm install bartbutenaers/node-red-contrib-ui-web-push
npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
+ node-red-contrib-ui-web-push@1.0.0
added 17 packages from 17 contributors and audited 318 packages in 31.051s

29 packages are looking for funding
  run `npm fund` for details

found 1 high severity vulnerability
  run `npm audit fix` to fix them, or `npm audit` for details

What does that mean?
What can I do?

Thx
Thomas

Not sure about that. Hopefully some npm goeroes can join this discussion ...

It looks like you are installing the node globally. It should be installed in your local user directory. Usually ~/.node-red. The messages aren’t a problem but are related to creating a “project” of all you installed nodes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.