Node-red-contrib-whatsappbot

*Hello!! *
Can someone help me? I have problems installing the "node-red-contrib-whatsappbot"

2020-08-12T10:05:18.862Z Install : node-red-contrib-whatsappbot 0.1.1

2020-08-12T10:05:17.837Z npm install --no-audit --no-update-notifier --save --save-prefix="~" --production node-red-contrib-whatsappbot@0.1.1
2020-08-12T10:05:29.942Z rc=null

Then install

npm install node-red-contrib-whatsappbot --save

but it marks me an error
npm install node-red-contrib-whatsappbot --save

sharp@0.25.4 install C:\WINDOWS\system32\node_modules\sharp
(node install/libvips && node install/dll-copy && prebuild-install --runtime=napi) || (node-gyp rebuild && node install/dll-copy)

info sharp Using cached C:\Users\abril\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_libvips\libvips-8.9.1-win32-x64.tar.gz
info sharp Creating C:\WINDOWS\system32\node_modules\sharp\build\Release
info sharp Copying DLLs from C:\WINDOWS\system32\node_modules\sharp\vendor\lib to C:\WINDOWS\system32\node_modules\sharp\build\Release

puppeteer@5.2.1 install C:\WINDOWS\system32\node_modules@open-wa\wa-automate\node_modules\puppeteer
node install.js

Downloading Chromium r782078 - 149.7 Mb [====================] 100% 0.0s
Chromium (782078) downloaded to C:\WINDOWS\system32\node_modules@open-wa\wa-automate\node_modules\puppeteer.local-chromium\win64-782078

puppeteer@3.3.0 install C:\WINDOWS\system32\node_modules\puppeteer
node install.js

Downloading Chromium r756035 - 144.6 Mb [====================] 100% 0.0s
Chromium (756035) downloaded to C:\WINDOWS\system32\node_modules\puppeteer.local-chromium\win64-756035
npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\package.json'
npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\package.json'
npm WARN system32 No description
npm WARN system32 No repository field.
npm WARN system32 No README data
npm WARN system32 No license field.

some solution please.

Looks like you started from a command prompt with the path set to c:\windows\system32 - you should be in the .node-red folder BEFORE running npm.

Additionally, looks like that node uses a bunch of tricks (like installing chormium and puppeteer - probably to remote control the whatsappweb page) - good luck with that hackfest.

Apart from instructing you to try again in the correct .node-red folder, I have not used it but I would personally recommend using telegram (works very well)

thanks, i can now install it in the correct npm folder, well it's a project I want to learn about.
Previously I made one in telegram and if it is simpler.

It most certainly isn't simpler. Telegram has the easiest bot interface I know of for any of the comms tools. With the help of the telegram node, it is relatively trivial to set up a bot.

AFAIK, whatsapp doesn't have any real bot API. Facebook has one but I've never managed to get it to work. Microsoft Teams has a good one - but only if you are steeped in Microsoft development - I got a basic one working with Skype for Business once but it was HARD work. Of course, much of this is because I lack the experience and certainly lack the time to learn. Or the inclination to be honest. Node-RED and Telegram make a great partnership.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.