Node-red-dashboard - Suggestion on how to implement dashboard

Hi,
I'm really new on node-red dashboard components, and I'm wondering how is better to do a specific task.

At the moment I have an RPI with nodered that monitorize hardware and the helth of a series of services.

Everything is send though https to a node-red installation in the cloud, and here I can monitoring everything.

It works, but how to scale when the RPI will be 2,3...100 ?
Every single RPI will send its hostname (unique) and data, but I can't understand if it's possible to implement a dashboard that show for each "hostname" received the relative datas.

Is it possible?

Please some suggestion is really appreciated!

Thanks in advance to everyone.

I guess it is the dashboard you want to scale ?

What information do you want to show for each RPI ?
Maybe share already the dashboard you have created.

You can consider node node-red-node-ui-table where each row in the table shows the data for a specific RPI.

Also do you want the total number of Pi devices to be dynamic or static? If static, you can literally just create a 2 dimensional array, where each row has a specific index, and update each row, then send the entire object array to the ui-table object as a simple payload/update. If the number of devices is dynamic, and your array will vary as an object array with variable number of rows, or even columns, you might want to use a ui-template rather than an ui-table object, and control the content more dynamically.

For my Pi monitor, I had a static inventory, so a ui-table worked well for this. But for my WiFi scanner, the variance of what my scans found was quite dynamic, so I used an ui-template based approach, to create the actual table.

Hi,
first of all thanks for your answer.

I discover ui table 5 minutes after post, and I think it could be a good base. If I understand well, I can insert and update single rows through msg.payload.

Hi,
thank you for your answer.

I'll prefer to have a dynamic number of RPI, cause the goal is a system that autotrack status on every single RPI (that "push" info to the main server), so If I understand what you wrote, the preferred approach could be "ui-template" but I think that I don't understand wath you mean for "ui-template". Is it a specific component?

The ui-template is an ui object or component that has no defined elements, it can be anything you want it to be, but you have to make it, create the virtual elements. Whereas the canned ui-button, or ui-table, is just that a button or a table you can use immediately as is, but the customization or flexibility is limited.

If you use ui-table, just remember that you can send the data via payload in one push, so stage your data and push to the table. This still is a dynamic scenario, because you create the data-set and then send the entire data-set to the table as you update elements in the data-set, say one or more rows for example.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.