Node-RED does not load interface

Hi all,

My node-red stops loading the interface.

I run my node-red locally on my mac. everything was working fine and all of a sudden it stop loading the web interface

It does not shows any more than this screen.

I can toggle between the debug and node information (keeps empty) but non of the buttons is responding.

please help me out, what can I do?

You don't say what you are running on, or how you start Node-RED

Stop node-red running
Delete your browser cache
Start Node-RED and if its still not working correctly cut and paste the startup messages here.

I've had this on my macbook once, can't reproduce. Solved it by clearing the browser cache and reloading after restarting Node-RED.

Node red creates the flow file using your machine network name. Sometimes the Mac will change its name, probably because of a network issue.

Open a window to your user folder end use the ˋgoˋ option to go to the ˋ.node-redˋ folder and look for a file with your-machine-name.flow. You can start no from the terminal with ˋnode-red xxxxx.flowˋ using the right name.

There are now .flow files in the node-red folder. only some json files a lib folder and a node_modules folder

Hi, Thanks for you respons, I am running on a browser chrome I have tried different browsers and removed all the cache, unfortunately it dit not do the trick

This is the start up message :

Welcome to Node-RED

===================

11 Oct 14:34:48 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.0.1

11 Oct 14:34:48 - [info] Node.js version: v12.11.1

11 Oct 14:34:48 - [info] Darwin 18.7.0 x64 LE

11 Oct 14:34:48 - [info] Loading palette nodes

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn] ------------------------------------------------------

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/server] Type already registered

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/server-events] Type already registered

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/server-state-changed] Type already registered

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/trigger-state] Type already registered

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/poll-state] Type already registered

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/api-call-service] Type already registered

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/api-current-state] Type already registered

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/api-get-history] Type already registered

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/api-render-template] Type already registered

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn] ------------------------------------------------------

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [info] Settings file : /Users/robbertXXX/.node-red/settings.js

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [info] Context store : 'default' [module=memory]

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [info] User directory : /Users/robbertXXX/.node-red

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn] Projects disabled : editorTheme.projects.enabled=false

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [info] Flows file : /Users/robbertXXX/.node-red/flows_RobbertXXX.XXX.local.json

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [info] Creating new flow file

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [warn]

Your flow credentials file is encrypted using a system-generated key.

If the system-generated key is lost for any reason, your credentials

file will not be recoverable, you will have to delete it and re-enter

your credentials.

You should set your own key using the 'credentialSecret' option in

your settings file. Node-RED will then re-encrypt your credentials

file using your chosen key the next time you deploy a change.

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [info] Starting flows

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [info] Started flows

11 Oct 14:34:49 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/

So the recommended version of nodejs is the LTS version which is currently v10
You are running v12.
While the core of Node-RED won't have any problems you may get issues running contrib-nodes.

You also have a conflict between two home assistant contrib nodes you have installed.
Which may be causing your issue.

You could try and start in safe mode and see if that allows you to start Node-RED, ( it loads your flow but doesn't deploy and flows. You could then use the palette manager to find the two home assistant nodes and uninstall one.

(see https://nodered.org/docs/getting-started/local#command-line-usage)

thanks safe mode worked , I see the pallets again :slight_smile:

Unfortunately i can not remove one of the packages. I get this event log:

2019-10-11T13:03:15.827Z Remove : node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket

2019-10-11T13:03:41.438Z Remove : node-red-contrib-home-assistant-llat

I have find the file within finder. Looks like it works. Thanks for the support

Update- it only worked within the safe mode

Notice in the log it says it is creating a new flows file.

In terminal, go to the .node-red folder and list all the files and post the results.