Node Red Does not Start: Freezes on third info line

Hello!

I have installed Node-red in a server with Windows Server 2012 and when i installed it, everything worked fine. I also installed PM2 to boot it at startup and worked with no problem.
After a few days, when i logged again into the server Node-red didn't start. I went to see the logs on PM2 and it freezed after the third [info] line, the one that lists the Windows version..
Also, if i kill the process in PM2 and i try to start manually in CMD it behaves equally as before.
I tried to restart the computer but i am not able to start node red again.
Do you know what could be happening?

Try doing a node-red-stop then node-red -safe (there is a space there) and see if you can get into the backend,

If your windows server account (the one that PM2 runs node-red) has no internet, it will sit for about 3 minutes on that line

try this...

You can do the same by running npm config set update-notifier false

2 Likes

Thank you all for your answers!

I tried first @Steve-Mcl Solution and it worked, but only when i started de Node-red command from Windows CMD. If i used PM2, it didn't do the trick, i think it's because PM2 uses other kind of script.

pm2 start %APPDATA%\npm\node_modules\node-red\red.js

After i tried @dceejay command and now i think that it's working well even with PM2. I'll let you know if all this did the trick.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.