NODE RED ERROR : The server wont start so I cant view the flow, I suspect a change I performed last night

No. That is not necessary & probably won't help.

• Rename .node-red to .node-red-broken
  • Start node-red. - you should have a working, fresh/blank node-red
  • install the nodes you need from palette
  • Import your backup flow

Oh like that, so its a new installation

Not really, you are not re-installing node red, just starting with a new empty flow and default settings. Same as opening a word document with a blank page.

You could try setting the logging level in settings.js to trace. That might give useful info.

That's a helpful explanation, thank you. I got my flow running again BUT my main issue, which was the cause of this problem : is the UI table component. I am looking for a control to show whats in my database, something like a data table. Any suggestions ?

So that others can learn from your experience please tell us what you did to fix it.
If you mean the ui-table is causing problems then please tell us exactly in what way. That component is well tried and tested and very much used, so if there are any problems then I am sure the author will want to address them.

The ui-table widget is what you want for this.

So as per @Steve-Mcl advice I recovered my flow from the backup ".flow.JSON.backup" file after I started with a fresh instance of node-red, I simply imported it from the menu. So it was not a fix ,it was a role back to before I attempted the UI table that solved it.

Now on to the problem I was at when my node-red server got corrupted.

I want to show the values which were successfully saved in the database using the object that is returned from the DB node. What you see is the edit node of UI table.

You need to show us what you are sending to the table.

The same thing going into the debug node is what will flow to the UI table. Is there a way to extract the values and populate the table from the returned object?

Expand the debug output so we can see what is in there. Click on Object to do that.
What does the help text for the ui-table say about what it needs to populate it?

when I click nothing comes up, it's just a text is shown in the debug window.

Edit the debug node and click the Output msg tab and select complete msg object

In that case I think that string is what is in the database. I think you had better look in the db to see what is there. Unless the db node passes the result in a different message property, which you will see following @zenofmud's suggestion.

He we go.

@Colin the values are saved to the database, no issue there.

That debug is showing you are doing an insert Not a select to retrieve data

What are you trying to show in the table? If you want to show all the data from the db then you will have to run an sql query to fetch it. If you are just trying to show the data that you are inserting then feed the ui-table with the data, not with the output of the db node.

My mistake, I assumed that when I saw the "object" it was confirming what was saved and that I could use the data to populate.

@Colin @zenofmud, looking at this flow can you show me how to populate the UI table with the object data shown in the debug window.

@Steve-Mcl @meeki007 can you guys help with this?

the ui-table will just accept an array by default... but13434 entries is probably a bit larger than is useful to try and display - so maybe your sql select could be changed to only return the latest 10-20 ?

Sure but, have you looked at my edit node, is the setup correct, is my style of referencing correctly to draw in the data. @dceejay